Monday, July 18, 2016

Edinburgh & Liverpool | Europe2k16

Hey there. I'm currently blogging from the plane, which is reaching Doha soon for a transit. Will make our way to the little red dot in about 3 hours (if there isn't any delay). Btw, let's face it guys. Time flew by SO FREAKING fast that in a blink of an eye, 38 days had past!!! 
WHERE DID ALL THE THIRTY EIGHT DAYS WENT TO?!!

Ok well well, now I shall just scroll through these pictures and reminisce the good times (and continue blogging the remaining trips). 

Anyways! This post will be about my short trips to Edinburgh (1-day trip) and Liverpool (2D1N) which took place during my OIP period itself, during the free weekends. More pictures, less talking! 


Edinburgh 
25 June 2016

School started on the 20th and since our schedule were not that packed yet, we explored the beautiful Edinburgh city on the 2nd weekend. The 5 girls and I coached there (approx. 1 hour journey) and hopped on the sightseeing bus due to time constraint. I SWEAR THEY HAVE THE PRETTIEST ARCHITECTURES EVER. My favourite is undoubtly the Dean's Village! We also splurged on the Edinburgh Castle and yaaas it was a worth one! The pictures you can get there is untradeable for money! Apart from that, we went to a few more attractions and did a little shopping at Primark (it has always been Primark since my Brighton trip, nothing else).





Liverpool 
9 - 10 July 2016

Going to Liverpool was an impromptu one. Few days before the trip, we had a class test which constitutes 20% of the 10 credit module. What's more critical is everyone was in the midst of completing their final essays because submission fell on the 11th (one day after our trip). I promised myself days before to complete and submit my final copy before the trip but nah, that did not happen. As usual, I chiong-ed on the day itself and submit it right away! I'm just hoping for a good pass heheheh. 

So it was actually Victoria's idea to go out of the city during the weekends. Out of Manchester, Newcastle and Liverpool, we picked the last one. Nope, not a Liverpool fan and we did not even visited the Anfield Stadium. We just went there for the sake of experiencing another city in England (apart from London & Brighton) and see how life there is like. Also cause we still have a few pounds left and our luggages are crying for space. So instead of spending the pounds on tangible things, we splurged on something that is not space-consuming! 

Accommodation was airbnb yet again cuz that's the cheapest. The private room that we booked was fine, BUT BUT BUT the owner has a big black dog called Sindy. Well, Sindy was an obedient dog but yknow, I'm naturally afraid of dogs due to the lack of exposure here in Singapore. Even my friend Victoria is scared of dogs.. and thats not helping at all sobs. Going to the toilet at night was a torture cuz Sindy likes roaming around the house, even to our room (which is at the second floor)! I only went out of the room 3 times in total - to the toilet to bathe and when entering and leaving the house. That's all. And yay we survived, phew. But I admit that one of my fears that I managed to overcome there is to remain calm when dogs walk pass. CAUSE IN UK, DOGS ARE EVERYWHERE. And yes, they are allowed to board the bus and even enter the shops. 

My fave from this trip would be the Echo of Liverpool (similar to Singapore flyer but faster and smaller). I have not been on a panoramic wheel before, so why not give it a try right. And I loved the view and shakiness felt in the capsule. 15 mins was a just-nice duration for that kinda thing cuz you'll get bored going up and down eventually. So yeap, that was one of the best rides in UK. We also went to Liverpool university but sadly, the gift shop was closed (it was a Sunday). Other than these two, we went to the shopping streets and walk, walk and walk. There, the famous places are pretty much near to each other. The only time we used uber was to and fro the train station to our airbnb. 

Btw, something unusual but priceless happened when we were walking down the street! Little did we know, a protest on #BlackLivesMatter was scheduled to take place at that very street that we were walking at, and that was indeed an unforgettable experience! I've been wanting to get a live view of a real protest and I'm not even kidding, haih. Most of them were young teenagers and I spotted a commendable number of Muslims taking part in the protest too! FREEDOM AND JUSTICE FOR ALL BLACK LIVES! Skip to 5:41 of the video below for a snippet of the protest. 

Alright, pictures timeee!



Liverpool Vlog: