Sunday, October 29, 2017

Its just the Beginning


The Tassel was Worth the Hassle
I had one of the most memorable day on Friday the 13th as I finally graduated with a Bachelor in Computing Science! My convocation ceremony was held at The Star Vista Performing Arts Theatre, which was a nice venue since SIT’s ‘actual’ campus is not ready yet. The ceremony took place in the morning and in less than 15 minutes into the ceremony, my name was already being called up to the stage. It was quite nerve-wrecking because unlike polytechnic’s convocation, we had to bring our sashes to the stage. On the stage, the professor will drape the sash around our shoulders. Then, the vice principal will tap our heads with the mortar board. Not to mention, about 40 other professors were sitting on the stage to witness all these up-close! But I swear, once you are up there it flashes so fast! While walking up, I only remember concentrating on not falling over since I was wearing heels, lol. The ceremony ended with the signature Scottish horn sound ushering the professors and guests out to the food reception – which I thought was a cool finish!



Reflecting on my university life, it made me so grateful to be a student of University of Glasgow, and now an alumnus?! Everything happened in a blink of an eye! The past 2 years of study was not an easy feat but its easily one of the best blessings in disguise. The best memory from university would be the 1.5 months of overseas immersion programme in mid-2016 where I got to experience life in Europe/UK. I would love to go back to Scotland one day, but let’s just earn some kachings first! And of course, I’ve also made awesome new friends throughout the 2 years.

Now I'll let the pictures do the talking!






October is an Amazing Month
Anyways, did I mention that October 2017 is such an amazing month? Apart from it being my birthday month, I also graduated twice! Well, the story behind my second graduation ceremony goes way back to 2013. When I was doing my 2nd year in polytechnic, I enrolled myself in a part-time diploma study. Growing up as a Muslim, I believe that we should always instil the spiritual knowledge in ourselves, and hence I signed up for a 4-years diploma in Islamic Studies. Yes, it was freaking 4 years and I finally completed it in 2017. The lessons were held every Friday night till 10:30pm and I got to admit that I dragged myself to school most of the time. But at the end of the day, the things that were being taught are always valuable in life – and that’s the utmost important. 


My Backbone, My Everything
Of course, amazing things would not have happened without my parents’ blessings and support. They should be getting more credits that I do for giving their children a good upbringing. Father never complains when I ask him to drive me around even when he’s tired. Mother never fails to give me the support that I need, mentally and emotionally. They have sacrificed a lot for us and I hope that I’ll be able to do the same, if not more. While we are growing as adults, we often do not realize that they, too, are growing old. I wish to do everything I can to make every moment count. Insya Allah, Amin. 





Lastly, Alhamdulillah for everything. :)